Hiyo! Things have been way to depressing lately. All around. Let’s talk about all the things that are making me happy these days.
- Downton Abbey. When it was on originally I never got past the finale of Season 3. No spoilers but it was DEVASTATING to me. So I stopped. I decided to pick it up again and get past that fateful episode. I want to start calling it luncheon instead of lunch. And I really want to wear their gowns.
- Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. For my birthday last year my super awesome fella got me a Nintendo Switch and this game! First off, having never really owned a major gaming system, this thing is amazing. I love it. That should also tell you I’M TERRIBLE. But you guys it is so fun. This game is gorgeous. You can wander around as you please and explore. And if you are me, you die quite a lot. I’m glad I’ve been able to get into the game and even though I’m terrible I’m slowly learning.
- Nayyirah Waheed. Her poetry is LIFE. I’m a bit obsessed with her lately and have wanted her book Salt but it is super hard to find.
- New music from Leon Bridges and Ray LaMontagne. Oh, and I still can’t stop playing new music from Brandi Carlile and The Secret Sisters (both of whom are playing TOGETHER in Kansas City in June and I want to go so bad it hurts.)
- Sea Otters. While I was in California with my guy a few weeks ago we went to Monterey, CA for a day. We had dinner at an awesome restaurant right on the bay. There was a sea otter swimming and hunting right there in the water next to us!! It was one of the most magical settings and lovely moments. I still think of it often.
- Skin Care. To say that I’ve become obsessed with skin care and anti-aging would be the understatement of the year. I’m not sure when I turned the corner of not caring to completely obsessed, but I’m here. I’ve been using Drunk Elephant products exclusively for the last year now and they are FANTASTIC. However now I’ve fallen down the rabbit hole of K-Beauty and I’m going to add (what feels like) 20 more steps to my process. As I find things I love I’ll keep you posted. The constant quest to not look my age is a real thing.
- Lastly…for a funny. My grandma celebrated her 80th birthday a few weeks ago. We had a little dinner party for her. This was me trying to drive all the balloons I purchased home (an hour and a half drive.) I really overshot what would fit in my car.
TODAY I LOVE: peanut butter (I really need to not buy it. It’s too good.)