I have worked so hard these last couple of weeks in the gym. I’m pushing myself in my lifts and I’ve added “bonus” cardio everyday. And guess what? My weight hasn’t changed. I’ve gone up and down the same 3lbs for almost 3 weeks now. I’ve stayed within my macros and I’ve turned down cupcakes and donuts and Chick-fil-a. (WHOA.) I’ve vacillated between being depressed about it all and being ok.
This morning while I was in the gym I was thinking about it all. Today was a “heavy” lift day. And as I was standing there, continuing to add plates to the bar, and looking at myself in the mirror, I was content?
Here’s why: I might not be skinny and I might very well be considered overweight. BUT…
- Today I leg-pressed 495lbs (11 plates) and probably could have kept going.
- Last week I was able to squat 215 pounds for four reps on my sixth set! That’s been my heaviest on squats in months and months.
- I held a plank for *almost* 2 minutes today. That’s huge for me!
- This body has allowed me to conquer the stair machine over and over this week. Hundreds of floors climbed.
- This body is well enough to tend my own yard (mowing and trimming) without any help.
This body might not be skinny, and it might very well be overweight, but it is strong. It is able. It is healthy. And I’m doing my best to love it. To love what it is now and not what I think it needs to be. To love what it can DO.
That’s where I am today. I might be sad again tomorrow that my skinny jeans are still tight, but I’m writing this post to remind me of how I feel TODAY. I need more todays.
TODAY I LOVE: Alo Yoga capris
SONG OF THE DAY: “Redesigning Women” by The HighWomen
2 thoughts on “I am not skinny … but …”
Your muscles are growing! That’s great. Strength is very important. Go you.
LikeLiked by 1 person
You actually have awesome body, you are just not giving yourself enough credit for it. Stop looking at the scale and measure your success by how healthy and strong you feel.
LikeLiked by 2 people